Joining this episode of the True Love Knots is the most sought out wedding officiant, Maria Romano. Maria Romano is the founder of True Love Knots, a program she created specifically to help those looking for love later in life. Today, Maria underlines the significance of not having preconceived notions about someone you’re dating before getting to know them.
- “You are on your 50s 60s and 70s and beyond and you’re back in the dating world and it’s different, it’s definitely a little different than it was many years ago. And especially if you were in a long-term relationship, and now to be thrust into the dating world.” [Maria]
- “Sometimes we assume something about somebody, and we don’t give them a chance. Don’t always assume, give somebody at least an hour and a half of your time. And the three-date rule at least three dates.” [Maria]
- Just because someone isn’t traveling at this time in their life doesn’t imply they won’t later or that you can’t have a connection with someone and travel when necessary. When we make assumptions, this is what happens. And what we’re doing is shortchanging ourselves; you’re shortchanging yourself, not anyone else, by not giving that person the opportunity to see if they’re compatible.
- Certain habits are unchangeable. Maria is not a fan of smokers. That’s just something she cares about, and it’s one of her core principles. Many of her customers share this sentiment, as well as the desire to eat healthily. It’s also vital to eat healthily, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy yourself during the holidays.
- You’ll be shocked to learn that if you give someone a second or third chance to get to know them, and they get to know you, you could end up in a long-term relationship.
[00:02] Meet today’s host “Maria Romano,” from True Love Knots
[01:12] Maria Romano’s Free Dating Kit Starter Profile
[02:39] Don’t always assume when dating
[04:34] Unchangeable Habits
[06:24] Give Someone a Chance
[06:54] The idea of procreation
Learn more about Maria Romano and the True Love Knots at: